SeekingMillionaire.com is a millionaire dating site matching wealthy, rich, successful, upscale, established, or millionaire singles with the gorgeous, attractive, beautiful, hot, cute and sexy. Our members include executives, celebrities, doctors, lawyers, professional athletes, investors, entrepreneurs, CEOs, and aspiring actresses, models, beauty queens, students, artists, and the hot girl-next-door in in Hazaribag, Jharkhand, India.
SeekingMillionaire.com features only real people. We are so confident you will enjoy our service, we are currently offering a FREE TRIAL. Don’t settle for less, JOIN NOW and date the best.
The town became a cantonment in 1790, the Ramgarh battalion having been raised ten years earlier. It was then part of Ramgarh district. It became a district headquarter in 1834. The cantonment flourished till 1884.This resulted in a planned old city. This part of the town is known as Boddam Bazar, after the officer who laid it out. Many Englishmen settled in Hazaribagh during the British period. They built large bungalow type houses, quite often with sloping roofs. Many of them were great hunters and hunting stories abound in the town by word of mouth. Most of them left after independence. Tutu Imam topped the list of hunting legends in the town. A century back it was common for tigers and leopards to poach upon livestock in the outskirts of the town. Hazaribagh Central Jail housed many leaders of the Indian freedom movement, including Dr. Rajendra Prasad, later the first president of India. The popular leader Jayaprakash Narayan was put under arrest in this jail during the Quit India Movement of 1942. His escape from this high security prison and the support he received from the local people is one of the legends of the Indian Independence movement. During the early years of World War II an internment camp ("parole camp") for German civilians was in the town. In June 1942 it housed 36 women, 5 men and 16 children. 21 females with 13 children, had been transferred on 25. Februar 1942 from Diyatalawa. In autumn they were transferred to the family camps at Purandhar or Satara.
Coal Fields and Power Centre
Hazaribagh has the 2nd highest coal reserve in Jharkhand (1st is Dhanbad region) and is still largely intact. Recently there has been a spurt in the coalmining activities in the region by Central Coalfields, a subsidiary of Coal India Limited. Work is currently going on for the development of NTPC's 3000MW Super Thermal Power Project. A major NTPC township is also coming 10 km from city. Many Steel Plants and other industries are also envisoned due to its proximity to coal,water and power. Damodar Valley Corporation has a number of offices in Hazaribagh. Uptill now Hazaribagh does not have a railway connection (due to its forested and hilly terrain). Although work is almost complete for its railway link with Koderma station(Grand chord line). It is well connected by bus service with Ranchi, Dhanbad, Giridih,Patna, Gaya, Daltonganj, Koderma, Chatra and other major towns in the region.
As of 2001[update] India census, Hazaribagh had a population of 127,243. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Hazaribagh has an average literacy rate of 76%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 81%, and female literacy is 70%. In Hazaribagh, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age. The population of the town and the area is over whelmingly Hindi-speaking.There is a sprinkling of Santhali-speaking population mainly in the rural areas. There is a sizeable Muslim population. Bengalis, Marwaris and Punjabis form small minorit.
Coordinates: 23Â°59â€²N 85Â°21â€²Eï»¿ / ï»¿23.98Â°N 85.35Â°Eï»¿ / 23.98; 85.35 Hazaribagh (Hindi: à¤¹à¤œà¤¾à¤°à¥€à¤¬à¤¾à¤—) is a city and a municipality in Hazaribagh district in the Indian state of Jharkhand. It is the divisional headquarters of North Chota Nagpur division.It is famous as a health resort and for Hazaribagh National Park (17 km from city). Etymologially, the word Hazaribagh is made of two Urdu words, hazar meaning 'thousand', and bagh meaning 'garden'. Hence the literal meaning of Hazaribagh is 'City of thousand gardens'. According to Sir John Houlton the town takes its name from the small villages of Okni and Hazari â€“ shown in old maps as Ocunhazry. The last syllable in its name probably originated in a mango-grove, which formed a camping ground for troops and travellers marching along the â€˜new military roadâ€™ from Kolkata to Varanasi, constructed in 1782 and the following years. The Grand Trunk Road subsequently replaced this military road in the mid-eighteen hundreds, but the lay out differed at places, particularly around Hazaribagh. A dilapidated watch tower meant to guard the military road is still visible on Tower Hill, near Silwar.
Early Bengali settlers
A small but effective Bengali community settled at Hazaribagh in the nineteenth century when the area was in Bengal presidency and the British administration was looking for people with English education. The small community contributed considerably towards the development of the place. Ray Bahadur JADUNATH MUKHERJEE one of early settlers is much talked about. He helped in setting up the Durga Puja mandap, the Brahmo Samaj and the first girlsâ€™ school in the town. Chanchala Niyogi physically got the school going around 1895. Those were the days when people thought that by educating their daughters they were paving the way for their widowhood. Around 1920, the new school building was built with the initiative of Braja Kumar Niyogi with funds mainly from the estate of Raja of Ramgarh. Great scholars such as Mahesh Chandra Ghosh, and Dhirendranath Choudhury, made the town their home. The poet Kamini Roy lived in the town for some years. Manmathanath Dasgupta, a Brahmo missionary spent many years in Hazaribagh working amongst the down trodden. Surad Kumar Gupta contributed towards the development of the town in many ways. Doctors such as Sambhu Nath Roy and Benoy Chandra Chatterjee were prominent personalities. The noted Bengali author Subodh Ghosh was born and brought up in Hazaribagh. Many of his stories are set in the region. Keshub Chunder Sen, the great Brahmo leader, accompanied by Trailokyanath Sanyal, had visited Hazaribagh in 1874 to recoup his health. He wrote many pieces during his short stay and participated in Bhadrotsav celebrations. After his death in 1884, a public hall on the Main Road was named Keshub Hall in his memory. Amongst the Brahmo missionaries who visited Hazaribagh regularly was Pramathalal Sen. Rai Bahadur Kalipada Sarkar was a leading advocate. He was the chairman of Municipalty, chairman of District Board, President Bar Association and also member of council. Incidentally, KP Sarkar was the first Indian to be the chariman of Hazaribag Municipalty.
In very early times the district was covered with inaccessible forests to which non- Aryan tribes who refused to surrender to the steadily advancing Aryans, retired at different times. Though out the Turko-Afghan period (up to 1526), the area remained virtually free from external influence. It was only with the accession of Akbar to the throne of Delhi in 1556, that Muslim influence penetrated Jharkhand, then known to the Mughals as Kokrah. In 1585, Akbar sent a force under the command of Shahbaj Khan to reduce the Raja of Chotanagpur to the position of a tributary. After the death of Akbar in 1605, the area presumably regained its independence. This necessitated an expedition in 1616 by Ibrahim Khan Fateh Jang, the Governor of Bihar and brother of Queen Noorjehan. Ibrahim Khan defeated and captured Durjan Sal, the 46th Raja of Chotanagpur. He was imprisoned for 12 years but was later released and reinstated on the throne after he had shown his ability in distinguishing a real diamond from a fake one. In 1632 Chotanagpur was given as Jagir to the Governor at Patna for an annual payment of Rs. 136000. This was raised to Rs. 161000 in 1636 A.D. During the reign of Muhammad Shah (1719-1748), Sarballand Khan, the Governor of then Bihar, marched against the Raja of Chotanagpur and obtained his submission. Another expedition was led by Fakhruddoula, the Governor of Bihar in 1731. He came to terms with the Raja of Chotanagpur. In 1735 Alivardi Khan had some difficulty in enforcing the payment of the annual tribute of Rs. 12000 from the Raja of Ramgarh, as agreed to by the latter according to the terms settled with Fakhruddoula. This situation continued until the occupation of the country by the British. During the Muslim period, the main estates in the district were Ramgarh, Kunda, Chai and Kharagdiha. Subsequent to the Kol uprising in 1831 which, however, did not seriously affect Hazaribag, the administrative structure of the territory was changed. The paraganas Ramgarh, Kharagdiha, Kendi and Kunda became parts of the South-West Frontier Agency and were formed into a division named Hazaribag as the administrative headquarters. During British rule one had go by train to Giridih and then travel in a vehicle called push-push to Hazaribagh.It was pushed and pulled by human force over hilly tracts. It was exciting journey across rivers and through dense forests infested with bandits and wild animals.Rabindranath Tagore travelled in a push-push along the route in 1885. He has recorded the experience in an essay, Chotanagpur families. When the Grand Chord was opened in 1906, Hazaribagh Road station was linked with the town. For many years, Lal Motor Company operated the rail-cum-bus service between Hazaribagh town and Hazaribagh Road station. The State Road Transport Corporation now operates it.
The cool climate and the quiet environs of Hazaribagh attracted educationists to set up institutions in the town. The Dublin Mission has a big presence with educational institutions and a womenâ€™s hospital. Activities of the mission were started at Hazaribagh in 1890, under the aegis of Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland. St. Columba's College was one of the oldest in Bihar. A.F.Markham attached to the college for many years was a legend in his life time. He later became vice chancellor of Ranchi University.Hazaribag now has Vinoba Bhave University within city limits, named after Saint Vinoba Bhave.All these colleges are affiliated to it. After independence Roman Catholics,established a girlsâ€™ school - Mount Carmel. Reverend Father John Moore, an Australian Jesuit missionary, set up St.Xavierâ€™s in 1952.DAV Public School, Hazaribag was established in 1992.St.stephens school,swami vivekanand school,East Point School,St. Paul's School and Saraswati Vidya Mandir.Naman vidya the latest entry is costliest school in hazaribagh which is can be termed as a school for all aroud development,facilities it provides include horse riding,swimming with many other. The Markham College of Commerce specializes in the commerce education at undergraduate level. The Annada College is the other college which helps in the education system of Hazariagh. In year 2004 on 4th Nov a new college with the name of HAZARIBAG INTER COLLEGE is established by Empirical Foundation where the study of Science Arts and Commerce is started. it is situated at national high way no - 33, one KM from St. Collumbas College. Amongst other institutions are the Police Training College, Reformatory School and Zilla School. Border Security Force Training centre is located 12 km from this city in the forests.
Hazaribag is located at 23Â°59â€²N 85Â°21â€²Eï»¿ / ï»¿23.98Â°N 85.35Â°Eï»¿ / 23.98; 85.35. It has an average elevation of 604 metres (1981 feet). Hazaribagh town is located at a height of 2019 feet above sea level on the Chota Nagpur plateau. The town is considered a health resort. Hazaribagh Lake is a good spot for picnics and outings, whereas Kanhari(Canary) Hill, which lies very close to the town, has a well-laid out park and has three small lakes. It is called Houlton Park. From the watch-tower on top of the hill, one can have a panoramic view of the scenic beauty around and below. Justice S.C.Mullick, who had settled in the town in olden days, used to call the hill Rock of Gibraltar for obvious similarities and even named his palacious house nearby â€˜Gibraltarâ€™.All the roads leading in to Hazaribagh town traverse thickly forested areas. River Konar, a tributary of Damodar River flows past the town. coor title dm|24|00|N|85|21|E|type:city
* Koderma is producing the world's 60%-65% of Mica, it is 60 km away from city. * Tilaiya Dam across Barakar River has beautiful hillocks all around and there also nestles one Sainik School nearby. * Konar Dam is 51 km from Hazaribagh * A hot water spring named Suraj Kund is 72 km from Hazaribagh.The water is boiling hot and benefiacial for the treatment of skin diseases and rheumatism. It is 2 km from Belkappi, near Barakattha, located half way between Barhi and Bagodar on Grand Trunk Road.
Raja of Ramgarh had a big presence in the area, initially during the British period and then after independence when he set up the Janata Party that had a large following in the region for many years. His palace at Padma was a prominent spot on the road to Barhi. Krishna Ballabh Sahay, the renowned freedom fighter and subsequently chief minister of Bihar belonged to Hazaribagh. As Revenue Minister, he was instrumental in the abolition of zemindaries in Bihar. In 1952 that was the first such legislation in the country. The political rivalry between the Kamakhya Narayan Singh, the Raja of Ramgarh and K.B.Sahay was talk of the town in the fifties of the twentieth century. In the elections for the first Lok Sabha held in 1951, Nageshwar Prasad Sinha of Congress won the Hazaribagh East seat and Baboo Ram Narayan Singh, an Independent candidate, won the Hazaribagh West seat. In 1957, Lalita Rajya Lakshmi, of the Ramgarh Rajfamily, won the seat. Basant Narayan Singh, younger brother of Kamakhya Narayan Singh, won the seat four times, in 1962, 1967 and again in 1977 and 1980. Damodar Pandey of Congress had won it in 1971. Yadunath Pandey of BJP won it in 1989. Bhubneshwar Prasad Mehta of CPI won the seat in 1991 and in 2004. Mahabir Lal Viswakarma of BJP won the seat in 1996. Yashwant Sinha of BJP won the seat in 1998 and went on to become Finance Minister and latter Foreign Ministerin the NDA government.He also won the seat in 2009 Loksabha Elections. Hazaribag Times is a local newspaper which publishes the local news.
Ramgarh is a cantonment town about 50 km from Hazaribagh. The 53rd session of the Indian National Congress was held at Ramgarh in 1940. Ramgarh Cantonment railway station is on the Barkakhana-Muri section. Ranchi Road railway station, near Ramgarh is on the Barkakhana-Gomoh section. Situated on the banks of the Damodar River, it is also a major centre of coal mining activity. After 1991 census, the district of Hazaribag has been divided into three separate districts viz. Hazaribag, Chatra and Koderma. The two sub-divisions namely Chatra and Koderma were upgraded to the status of independent districts. Later in 2007, the sub-division of Ramgarh was also upgraded to the status of independent district.
* Hazaribagh National Park is located with hillocks, deep nullahs, thick tropical forests and grassy meadows. The Sanctuary has wild bears, sambhar, nilgai, chital and kakar, sloth bears, tigers and leopards. * Canary Hill is a popular spot for nature lovers. There is a guest house and a watch tower on the top of the hills. Recently a proposal has been submitted for setting up a tiger and deer safari at the place. * Swarnajayanti cafeteria at Hazaribagh lake is a major family attraction. * Panchmandir * Narsingh Temple dedicated to Narsingh avatara (incarnation) of Lord Vishnu. * Surajkund hot spring.